A3 sketchbook

Friday 25th May 2012

I spread out my background of my rossett on these special tables, were, when you iron your material so them, the material sticks to the tables. So your material is not creased and cant move, this allows any screen printing or any work I needed to do on my material, which I want to come out well.
- I first drew on my piece of material a large circle, so I know were to place any design I would like to do.
- Then with the decision and opinion of a couple of people we decided were to place all the photo's or prints I am using.
- Before that I decided to make more than 1, because of the amount of images or items I would like to use, and the groups they all fit in.
- Before firing ahead I tried out my prints to see how well they were going to turn out, as I hadn't printed them before. All photo's of my layouts are shown below.

















-When printed and produced, I needed to leave the photo's to dry. So whilst waiting for it to dry, I layed out the ideas and design of my second design on the next rossett. But when I had chosen were everything was going there was a strip off set which was very plain and needed something to take your eye away from it. So in the strip I wrote friends underneath each other but writing it backwards alternatively.

- I used image maker to transfer an image to material, which looks just like pva glue. I stuck the images to my material, but with this tecnique the image transfers back to front, but I wasnt that bothered about that. I needed to leave it to dry, I have left it over the weekend to thoroughly dry.
- After leaving my work and asking other people for their opinion of my work, so after having feedback and having a think about it. I have decided that my piece so far doesn't show much potential and range of skills which I could incorporate;
   -painting
   -felt
   -weave
   -stitch
   -bonder webb
   -tie dying
   -mod rock
   -bows
   -hearts
   -put the used the lace on
-Also i have been thinking about how else I could make a rosset more interesting, I could develop it future into an umbrella, so its combinding 3d in to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment