A3 sketchbook

Monday 5th March 2012

      I have moved forward from Unit 5 and 6, the Grids, Layers and Reflections, to my Final Major Project. I am going to use Grids, layers and reflections to start me off on my FMP, but bring in a theme or something to do with me. In units 5 and 6 I experimented with layers, by printing on top of each other action shoots of me horse jumping, to try and show movement through a 2d object. It didn't work as well as it could of done, so if i was bringing it in to my work later on i will find better ways of layering the photos. So i have decided I'm going to take Grids, Layers and Reflections through to my FMP and use myself as a theme. I think it an easy subject to work with but could do so much with its still variety and potential within.
     I had a lecture on the information for unit 7, I then went away with a positive attitude and more understanding of what is needed in my unit 7. I started to research and take notes of anything which came in to my head that was relevant. Some artists i found who was relevant to my work or i was inspired by are: Henry Matisse- very simple. outdoors good defined line quality.
       Franc Marc- Paint applied thickly and very big brush strokes.
       August Macke- Paint applied very freely
Textile Artists;
       Henry Moore- wallpaper design some ideas on what pattern and sequence's are in wallpapers.
      Shirley Craven- a fabric designer etc.
      Celia Birtwell- furniture covering etc
      Zandra Rhodes- Quilt Covering etc
      William Morris- wallpaper designer
Photography artists; 
      Anna Gaskell- seen primary research at Liverpool Tate, Alice in Wonderland exhibition.
      Eadweard Muybridge- amazing action shot photographer, showing movement in stages.

      Using the artists; Franz Marc and August Macke, I will use the free and expressive big brush stroke and incorporate it in to my own work. So i am going to paint myself with bright eye catching colours, so Ive put my own twist on artists work which influence me, to make it more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment